Today we are talking about the Catholic Church’s teaching on Miscarriage.
There has been a LOT of confusion on this point, and with the help of this GREAT BOOK written by two wonderful friends, Grieving Together.
I work hard to answer some of those questions.
- I cover the following questions:
- Can we baptize our baby? Name our baby?
- Can we bury our baby? What do we do if we don’t have the baby’s remains?
- Is my baby an angel? A saint?
- Is my baby in Limbo? Heaven?
- Is there a funeral or burial rite we can use?
I hope this information brings you comfort during this time of grief.
I have been through 2 miscarriages and 1 stillbirth loss, so I know how hard this time is and how hard it can be to find some of this info.
You are in my prayers, sisters!
I also encourage you to connect with and follow my friend Laura, who wrote this book with her husband.
And, don’t forget to check out her incredible book! It offers so much more helpful info for you as you grieve! https://amzn.to/2MgFnO0
And please consider joining us on Facebook!
We Catholic parents need each other, so come and join a group where we can talk about raising saints, what it means to be Catholic and life as a Catholic!
Your sister in the small things,
This video first appeared on the Catholic Sprouts for Moms Youtube Channel. To enjoy more videos like this one, that are added each and every week, just head here: https://youtu.be/aJpKhBRnWSU
I’ve also shared about my own losses a couple of times. You can read about those losses here:
- Ideas for Memorializing Your Loss: https://catholicsprouts.com/over-30-ideas-to-memorialize-your-miscarriage/
- Because Miscarriage Changes Everything: https://catholicsprouts.com/because-miscarraige-change-everything/