- First of all, cut your fabric to desired size.
- Then, trim the picture to the desired size. Then, brush the transfer gel directly onto the picture
- Then, press the picture onto the fabric. I knew I was making this into a little bag, so I placed my photo in the upper left corner so there was plenty of fabric to fold around and make a bag. Allow to dry completely.
- When totally dry, take a wet rag and allow the water to soak through the paper. Then, gently rub away the paper. The image will remain. Keep working! This takes a little time. Also, this will look “aged”, meaning, the transfer will not be perfect.
- Then, fold the fabric around and head to the sewing machine to stitch up the sides and create a bag with an open top.
- Next, take a ribbon and thread it through the top as pictures. I just used a scissors to poke larger holes through which I threaded the ribbon.
- As a final step, I added one big bead and ten little beads to one end of the ribbon–you know, just in case I loose my rosary!
And that’s it
I’ve got the bag–now there is no excuse. Time to get serious and truly enter into Holy Week!
I hope your Holy Week is fruitful and holy too. If you have any projects for Holy Week, I’d love to see them!