I hope you have enjoyed this week of Quinoa! Because I certainly have.
So I have one last dish to share with you, a Mexican Quinoa Pilaf.
I like good, nutritious food, but I don’t like spending a ton of time laboring over it.
So, I am a semi-homemade cook, meaning I make some things from scratch, but not everything!
Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup white/golden Quinoa
- A can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion diced
- Sour Cream
- Sauté onion with the oil in skillet until translucent.
- Add chicken broth and quinoa to the skillet. Allow mixture to reach a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add diced tomatoes, with juice, and beans. Cook mixture, covered, for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
I hope you like it! My entire family likes it, including my two-year-old. Want proof? Look who picture bombed me!
Thanks for stopping by!