Make Advent REAL for your Catholic Kids this season with these simple, meaningful, and totally doable ideas!
Engage the minds and hearts of your children and help them see the beauty of Advent while enjoying all that the liturgical season has to offer.
In this video I offer three simple ideas for making Advent REAL for your children:
- Embrace the Silence and Darkness of Advent. The best way to do this is to turn the TV and devices off a bit more, turn down the Christmas Music, and use your Advent wreath. Kids love lighting candles!
- Encourage your children to play with the Nativity Set and imagine what these characters were doing BEFORE Christmas, as many of them were asked to wait, just like we are. Here is a couple of the Nativity Set featured in this video:
- Fisher Price Set: https://amzn.to/2qTEkJL
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Set: https://amzn.to/2PGHq2L
- Shining Light Dolls Wooden Set: https://shininglightdolls.com/collect…
3. Sing an Advent song each night as a family. Even if singing isn’t your talent, try to sing during Advent. The best song for this purpose, I feel, is “O Come, O Come Emanuel”. Your kids will love hearing you sing, and this song really helps the season become REAL for your children.
I hope this video was helpful!
We also love doing the Jesse Tree during Advent! You can find out more about that Advent Devotional right here.
Also, I would love to have you join us at Catholic Sprouts, the DAILY Podcast for kids! Each episode is just 5 minutes long! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7n…
Thanks for being here, and I hope these ideas help you create a beautiful Advent for your Catholic Kids!
Your sister in the small things,
Leave a Reply