We are one week from Lent, so it’s time to start planning!
I really love Lent…
The opportunity to get back into those good habits I’ve lost track of and just dwell in the quiet a bit more.
I also love being a part of a Catholic community during Lent because we are all in this together.
Also the support I often get during Lent from my Catholic friends and hearing about how they are attempting to make more room for Jesus during this holy season.
It’s like New Year’s with a purpose, and people actually willing to do the hard work.
So, what are your plans for Lent?
I, honestly, am still deciding, but I am pretty sure I know what I am going to do. I’m just hesitating because it’s going to be hard!
In case you are still deciding what you will endeavor to do this Lenten season, today’s podcast is all about getting to the heart of what we are seeking during Lent and discussing some common pitfalls of Lenten Resolutions.
And, if you are looking for some Lenten Resolution ideas, make sure to check out THIS POST. It offers 25 specific and important Lenten Resolutions for Mothers and Wives.
Here is a quick overview of what I discuss in the podcast.
- The difference between dieting and fasting and what you need to have in mind if you are giving up some food, or food-related thing this Lent.
- How to actually succeed at giving up some bad behavior (like yelling) and make a lasting change in your life.
- How to make room for Jesus and not just try to become a better person.
I also mention a few specific things that would really be great for everyone to work a bit harder on this Lenten Season.
- PRAY THE ROSARY!!! I am so passionate about this one that I just published this book.
- Read more scripture (we are doing THIS ACTIVITY with our family each night of Lent this year)
- Set aside time for Spiritual Reading. (see this book list)
And so, sisters, I pray that you have a wonderful, fruitful, and peaceful Lenten season. Make sure to tune into the podcast each week during Lent.
I am planning a really cool podcast series that I don’t want you to miss.
All the very, very best! Your sister in Christ,