Today’s episode of the Just One Small Thing Podcast explores pornography. Pornography is a big deal (despite what society might claim) and it violates the dignity of three different groups of human beings:
- The actors/models used as objects for the lustful desires of others.
- The consumer who is settling for a counterfeit of love, when they were made for so much more.
- The spouse (or future spouse) of the consumer whose relationship is violated and compromised by the use of pornography.
Pornography is so powerful because the human brain is programmed to hold onto images. Therefore, what a child sees for only two minutes can hang around in their brains for years, and we need to work hard to protect our children in all situations.
It is a fact that porngraphic use leads to a powerful addiction. Fueled by shame, most people struggle in this painful addiction for a long time before they are caught or seek help. Therefore when we find out our child has an addiction to pornography, we need to respond as God the Father does, with love, compassion and a willingness to walk with the person toward healing.
If you need help, I encourage you to seek that through Integrity Restored, a powerful Catholic organization dedicated to helping those with sex and porn addictions: https://integrityrestored.com/
Our exploration of pornography comes directly out of our new book, CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH. Catholic Social Teaching for Youth is not on sale yet, but will be soon. Look for the book to be on sale in May!
In the meantime, please use this Catholic Social Teaching Cheat Sheet. It outlines what the Church teaches on each topic and offers you a brief description of the beauty we should reinforce as we teach.
Get it here: https://omniform1.com/forms/v1/landingPage/61ba0f0cbe1f5d001d03c28e/64110c69b09e89c71966c120
Thank you for listening to the Just One Small Thing Podcast. Tuning in each week means so very much! Want to hear more great Catholic content perfect for the whole family? Make sure to tune in each day to the CATHOLIC SPROUTS PODCAST. https://catholicsprouts.com/catholic-sprouts-podcast/
Looking for a way to support this podcast? Here are some ideas:
- Say a prayer for us! This would be SUCH a gift!
- Share this podcast with a friend!
- Purchase something in the Catholic Sprouts Shop: https://shop.catholicsprouts.com/
- Drop Nancy an email at [email protected] with a word of encouragement or an idea for a future episode.
This podcast is dedicated to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. May we all meet there one day!
Your sister in the small things,
Leave a Reply