As the Church teachers, war is a terrible phenomenon that should be avoided at all costs. To illustrate this, the Church offers us the “Just War Doctrine” something that applies to every few modern conflicts. In order for a war to be “just” it must:
- Be the result of damage by the aggressor that is lasting, grave and certain.
- All other means of resolution must have been exhausted
- There must be a serious prospect of success and peace following the conflict.
- The war must produce less evil that it seeks to eliminate through the conflict.
The opposite of war is peace–and peace is something that we all should be striving for out in our own hearts, homes and communities.
Our exploration of War comes directly out of our new book, CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH. CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH a ready-to-use script for Catholic parents as they set to work teaching their children the TRUTH on all of our modern moral and social issues. With full Imprimatur from the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, you can trust this book to effectively teach what is true, while inviting your child into what is also beautiful.
Organized around the themes laid out by the USCCB, CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH will walk you and your child through all 31 Catholic Social Teaching topics, from the Dignity of the Human Person, through the Call to Family, Solidarity, Care for the Land and Workers Rights.To get your copy, head here: https://shop.catholicsprouts.com/products/catholic-social-teaching-for-youth
Thank you for listening to the Just One Small Thing Podcast. Tuning in each week means so very much! Want to hear more great Catholic content perfect for the whole family? Make sure to tune in each day to the CATHOLIC SPROUTS PODCAST. https://catholicsprouts.com/catholic-sprouts-podcast/
Looking for a way to support this podcast? Here are some ideas:
- Say a prayer for us! This would be SUCH a gift!
- Share this podcast with a friend!
- Purchase something in the Catholic Sprouts Shop: https://shop.catholicsprouts.com/
- Drop Nancy an email at [email protected] with a word of encouragement or an idea for a future episode.
This podcast is dedicated to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. May we all meet there one day!
Your sister in the small things,