I’m excited to share with you one of the yummiest and healthiest meals I’ve ever dreamed up: Paleo Shrimp Bacon and Tomato Pasta.
I served mine over zucchini noodles and it was oh so very wonderful!
Paleo or not, this meal was a home run.
It had been on my mind for a while to jump on the paleo bandwagon, so a few weeks back my husband and I did a Whole30.
It was successful, for the most part, with a few bumps, but we are both glad we did it.
More than anything we are glad we did it because it forced me to get out of my cooking rut.
I had started to make the same 10 meals over and over again, with no real desire to make anything else.
Food around our house had gotten a little boring, and when you are married to a foodie like I am, that is not a good thing.
But, when you take away dairy, grains, beans, and sugar, well suddenly I had to find something else to make.
This dish, Paleo Shrimp Bacon and Tomato pasta were one of the best meals we had while on the Whole30, and even now, with the Whole30 behind us, we still plan on making and enjoying this meal.
One of the most pleasant surprises of the Whole30 was Zucchini noodles.
I was a little leery about
We used a Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer* and were surprised at how easy it was.
Just stick a zucchini in the end and twist.
In fact, I would say that I liked zucchini noodles better than regular pasta.
They are juicy really take on the overall taste of the dish really nicely.
Plus they twist up and are fun to eat.
Okay, ready for the recipe? It’s nice and simple:
- 6 slices of Paleo Bacon (no added sugar)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 10 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan, reserve the fat for further cooking.
- In bacon fat, cook diced onion until translucent. Next, add garlic and cook over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Then add shrimp and tomatoes. Cook shrimp, turning once, until shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Remove from pan and combine with crumbled bacon.
- Spiral cut zucchini into long noodles. Throw the noodles into the pan you have been using for 1-2 minutes, just to warm them up and have them pick up some of the flavor.
- Top noodles with shrimp and tomatoes and serve.
If you are just starting your Paleo or Whole30 journey I would highly recommend this dish.
It is easy to make and satisfying, and a great way to start the diet.
Thanks for being here today–and happy eating!