There are certain pictures that are just so sweet I want to look at them all the time.
One of those pictures is this one, of a rather proper-looking man and woman holding hands as they swing around on one of those swing rides.
Well, I couldn’t let that continue, so I tore the picture out…but now what to do with it? Photo Transfer!
Here’s the how-to:
- Photo (printed in any way other than inkjet)
- Omni-Gel 8-Ounce Transfer Medium
- Paint Brush
- Wet Rag
- Mod Podge, Matte Finish
- Sewing Machine
- Batting to fill pillow
- Black Fabric
First of all, cover the original picture with a generous coat of transfer gel and place it face down onto the fabric (sorry, no photo of this).
- After the transfer medium has dried completely, place a wet rag on top and allow to dry completely.
- Once the paper is soaked, begin to run at the paper with the pads of your fingers. the paper will begin to roll off, and the image will remain.
- Keep rubbing until all the paper is removed. Be warned, the transfer will not be perfect. Parts of the image will come off with the paper leaving an “aged” look.
- With all of the paper removed, apply a coat of Mod Podge to seal the image.
- Then, trim the fabric to prepare for making the pillow.
- Head to the sewing machine and sew a strip of back fabric to all four edges. Iron flat the seams, being careful not to melt the mod podge sections!
- Place face down on another piece of black fabric. Sew all four sides, leaving a gap to flip right side out and fill with batting.
- Stuff, hand sew shut the opening…and done!
Ah, how romantic!
I hope your romance is as sweet as this!