So, I was totally NOT going to create a new version of the THY WORD Gospel Journal this year. Sure, I liked the booklet, but I’m trying to focus more on kids…and I just can’t do everything.
I had made up my mind. And even though I started to get DOZENS of emails and messages asking if there was a new version of THY WORD coming out, I held my ground and said, “No, not this year.”
And then I got this email
Now, how do I say no to this person? Impossible.
THY WORD has exactly the same format as last year. There is a Gospel citation for each Sunday, one verse pulled out, floral image to color and plenty of room to journal, take notes, whatever.
Here is a spread from the book:
And that’s the way that I wanted it to be. Use the book in whatever way is best for you. Here are a few ideas for use that I’ve had:
- Once a week practice LECTIO DIVINA with the verse included. Record your thoughts and resolutions.
- Use this book as your MASS JOURNAL. Take it with you to mass and use the blank lines as a place to record striking points from the homily. This journal could also be used as a child’s mass journal.
- Set to work MEMORIZING VERSES with the use of this journal. Trace and color in the verse and then use the blank lines as a place to write and rewrite the verse until it is fully memorized.
- Commit to keeping a WEEKLY PRAYER JOURNAL. Once a week sit down to pray. Start by reading and reflecting on the verse and then pray through journaling.
- Establish a WEEKLY MEETING WITH YOUR HUSBAND. Once a week sit down with your husband to discuss and pray about the coming week. Use the verse included in your opening prayer and the space provided to take notes about what you need and hope to accomplish that week.
So there you have it.
I gave in and if you’d like a 2020 version of THY WORD, go and grab one.
But be warned, I didn’t print a ton of these, so if you want a booklet, get one soon! I expect to be sold out before Advent starts.
Have a beautiful week,
your sister in the small things,