Ready to learn more about you (and your kids and husband)? Well, you are in luck!
I have a wonderful, fun (sanguine) woman on the podcast to introduce you to and get you excited about the Four Temperaments.
If you have yet to look into the four temperaments, I encourage you to listen in.
Chances are you won’t be a “pure” temperament.
More likely you will have two strong temperaments, but looking into this helps you understand your own strengths and temptations.
Because remember, any pure quest to know ourselves better will bring us closer to God.
First off, here is a very basic run-down of the 4 Temperaments.
Sanguine: Optimistic, enthusiastic, active, and social. Loves to take risks and has strong, short-lived reactions to things. They are most tempted by sins of vanity, lust, and gluttony.
Choleric: Independent, decisive, and goal-oriented. They are social leaders, logical, and ambitious. They are most tempted by sins of pride.
Melancholic: Analytical, deep-thinking, and deep-feeling. They are often introverted and can have a deep interior life. Can be a perfectionist with high ideals and plagued with anxiety. They are tempted by the sin of despair.
Phlegmatic: Relaxed, peaceful, and quiet. They are sympathetic and care deeply about others and relationships. Often hides their own emotions. They are good at compromises and accept others easily. They are most tempted by the sin of sloth.
We referenced lots of great materials while chatting! Here are some links to check out:
- Sign up for the 7 Days to Love your Husband Challenge HERE.
- Alex wrote a great piece about knowing yourself. Check it out HERE. She has tons of great links to Temperament materials.
- We talked about this simple graphic as a quick way to understand the temperaments.
- If you would like to look into your Myer Briggs personality, you can head HERE.
- Alex and I both recommend The Temperament God Gave You, if you are thinking about digging into this topic.
And, here is the Winne the Pooh graphic that helps explain the Temperaments:
Thanks for being here, friends!
Your sister in the small things,