Today we are continuing our discussion of our call to marriage and family, as laid out by the USCCB and discussed in our new book, CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH.
Divorce is likely the very first topic from this book that you will need to address with your children. That’s how it worked for us! Unfortunately many people we know, both family and friends, have been through divorce, and that is so confusing for kids.
In these moments we need to reminds our kids of the following truths:
- Love is not a feeling, it is a choice.
- Marriage is permanent and, as the Church teaches, nothing can dissolve the bond between a married man and woman.
Our exploration of divorce comes directly out of our new book, CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH. Catholic Social Teaching for Youth is not on sale yet, but will be soon. Look for the book to be on sale in May!
In the meantime, please use this Catholic Social Teaching Cheat Sheet. It outlines what the Church teaches on each topic and offers you a brief description of the beauty we should reinforce as we teach.
Get it here: https://omniform1.com/forms/v1/landingPage/61ba0f0cbe1f5d001d03c28e/64110c69b09e89c71966c120
Thank you for listening to the Just One Small Thing Podcast. Tuning in each week means so very much! Want to hear more great Catholic content perfect for the whole family? Make sure to tune in each day to the CATHOLIC SPROUTS PODCAST. https://catholicsprouts.com/catholic-sprouts-podcast/
Looking for a way to support this podcast? Here are some ideas:
- Say a prayer for us! This would be SUCH a gift!
- Share this podcast with a friend!
- Purchase something in the Catholic Sprouts Shop: https://shop.catholicsprouts.com/
- Drop Nancy an email at [email protected] with a word of encouragement or an idea for a future episode.
This podcast is dedicated to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. May we all meet there one day!
Your sister in the small things,
Leave a Reply