Today we are discussing an important and emotional topic: Homosexuality. With family and friends living homosexual lifestyles, this will likely be one of the first topics we have to cover with our children (unfortunately) and we need to be ready!
A few important things to note on the topics of homosexuality:
- We need to differentiate between homosexual attraction and homosexual acts.
- The Church describes homosexual acts as “gravely disordered” because they are outside of natural law.
- We should never define ourselves or other people based on who they are sexually attracted to.
- We have a duty to love those in our lives living a homosexual life. We love them by not ignoring or excusing their sin, but by welcoming them back and challenging them (through love) to live a different life.
Our exploration of homosexuality comes directly out of our new book, CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH. CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH a ready-to-use script for Catholic parents as they set to work teaching their children the TRUTH on all of our modern moral and social issues. With full Imprimatur from the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, you can trust this book to effectively teach what is true, while inviting your child into what is also beautiful.
Organized around the themes laid out by the USCCB, CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING FOR YOUTH will walk you and your child through all 31 Catholic Social Teaching topics, from the Dignity of the Human Person, through the Call to Family, Solidarity, Care for the Land and Workers Rights.To get your copy, head here: https://shop.catholicsprouts.com/products/catholic-social-teaching-for-youth
Thank you for listening to the Just One Small Thing Podcast. Tuning in each week means so very much! Want to hear more great Catholic content perfect for the whole family? Make sure to tune in each day to the CATHOLIC SPROUTS PODCAST. https://catholicsprouts.com/catholic-sprouts-podcast/
Looking for a way to support this podcast? Here are some ideas:
- Say a prayer for us! This would be SUCH a gift!
- Share this podcast with a friend!
- Purchase something in the Catholic Sprouts Shop: https://shop.catholicsprouts.com/
- Drop Nancy an email at [email protected] with a word of encouragement or an idea for a future episode.
This podcast is dedicated to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. May we all meet there one day!
Your sister in the small things,