Welcome back to another installment of the Virtues of the Rosary on the Just One Small Thing Podcast.
I have really loved attaching a virtue to each mystery of the Rosary, and I hope these episodes have been helpful and enriched your own praying of the Rosary.
And, we are in the 2nd to the last episode in this series!
Can you believe it?!?
Today’s episode is all about the fourth Glorious Mystery, the Assumption of Mary into heaven. The virtue attached to this mystery is Union with Jesus.
And, what I talk about most in this episode is devotion to the Eucharist.
Does that seem strange?
That a mystery about Mary should be devoted to the Eucharist?
Well, if you understand the nature of Mary and her role in our Faith Life, then it shouldn’t be!!!
Mary was so united with God that at the end of her life she didn’t die, but instead was taken up, body and soul into heaven.
I like to think that she was so united with God that the world simply couldn’t hold her anymore!
And the way that we can follow her example and also be so united with God is through the Eucharist.
As many saints have put it, Through Mary to Jesus. Mary is the door that leads to Jesus.
I conclude this episode with lots of practical tips for living out your devotion to the Eucharist just a bit more fully. Here they are:
- Be better about spending the 15 minutes are you receive communion praising God! The Eucharist is still Jesus and now it is inside of you!
- Fight to attend daily mass. Look into the schedules once more and try it with the kids again. It’s worth it.
- Commit to an hour of adoration each week!
- Remember that Jesus is in the tabernacle and just being near Him is a gift for us, and a wonderful gift that we can give Him!
I hope these ideas are helpful and rekindle the fire of love for the Eucharist inside of you!
Here are a few of the links I mentioned in this episode:
- Mother Teresa’s Rosary Meditations to be read while in Adoration. https://amzn.to/2HbgMsO
- My popular Rosary Booklet: https://catholicsprouts.com/rosary-book
- The Joyful Leap! A gift box for new Catholic Mommas! https://thejoyfulleap.weebly.com
Thanks for being here!
Your sister in the small things,
When you join the Catholic Sprouts community, you not only will be part of a thriving community of over 11,000 Catholic Parents, but you also will get instant access to the Catholic Family Digital Resource Library. Simply head here to sign up!